Emergency Dentist In Roanoke, VA
Whether you knocked out a tooth while in the heat of the game or you cracked a tooth while nervously biting your pen there are so many scenarios that could affect the health of your smile and require you to need emergency dentistry. Remember that while these situations could make you feel anxious or panicked, it’s important to stay calm and give us a call right away. You’ll be happy to know that many dental issues can be treated if handled as soon as possible.
So, how do you know when it’s a true dental emergency? This is a great question, and if you are unsure it’s always best to stop on the side of caution and give us a call. We can easily determine whether an immediate visit is necessary or if we can just schedule an appointment within the coming days.
Common dental emergencies include:
- A dislodged or knocked-out tooth
- A cracked or broken tooth
- A toothache
- A broken dental crown, implant or other restoration
- A bitten tongue or cheek
- Broken braces
- Use over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medications like ibuprofen to reduce swelling or pain.
- Apply an ice pack to the affected side to also target pain and inflammation.
- If you have a knocked-out tooth make sure to clean the tooth with warm water and, if possible, try to place it back into the socket. Always handle a tooth by the crown. If you can’t get the tooth back into the socket then place it in a container filled with milk and immediately come into our office.
- If you have broken off a large piece of your tooth it might be able to be bonded back onto your tooth. Save any of these pieces by placing them in a hard protective carrier and bringing them into our office immediately.
- You can also use over-the-counter analgesics like Orajel® to temporarily numb sore, throbbing or painful area.
If you require urgent dental care then it’s time you called Northeast Roanoke Dentistry in Roanoke, VA today at (540) 342-8781.